Translate

Sunday, May 22, 2016

New hobby - Colouring books

For Mothers Day I bought some colouring books and pencils for my mother in law and thought I'd get myself some and have a go. It seems really popular now. They even have colouring clubs in town where you meet people have a coffee and colour away, how bizarre haha.
 
Here's the books I bought.
 
 

I've been into painting and art for years, so dug out my old pencils at the weekend and had a scribble.


This is the first picture I did, I haven't done any colouring in years, so its a bit ropey, but had great fun doing it.

 
My second picture came out better I think. It's was really relaxing and time went by so quick.


Here's some designs I quite like out of my books.



 


My next project.
 

Good thing about this hobby is you can do it in short bursts and fit it in between things.



 

 
 

 When the colouring books first came out I must admit I thought it was a bit naff but after trying it out I'm hooked.
 

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Your coloured pictures looks really good and that bird at last pic so cute..i think it was good idea to give such a present to your mother in low and i hope she was happy as i was getting such a book from my daughter..i love colouring books too and you can see my pictures at my blog.its in polish but there is translator if you you want to read it and pic dont need it....i would be thankful for your comment too..i'll fallow you in google+ and please fallow me too...greetings https://kreovitawita.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, thank you so much for replying. I just visited your new blog its great, very interesting topics. I loved your coloured pictures and the books had lovely patterns in them. I tried to leave a few comments but I couldn't seem to post it for some reason. I shared you on my facebook page though. Cant wait to see your next post, all the best Helen.

    ReplyDelete